EVENT PLANNING & OFFICIATING POLICIES
All bookings made with me, via this online booking system or otherwise are in the agreement to the following policies once signed and paid.
Agreements are BETWEEN ("The Clients") as outlined in the agreements
Perfectly Planned Parties by Connie Butera ("The Event Coordinator & Officiant")
This event order shall represent a written agreement between Perfectly Planned Parties by Connie Butera (The Event Coordinator & Officiant) and The Client(s) . As discussed, The Client is seeking "Day Of Event Coordination" services and/or Wedding Officiating Services only (as selected at the time of check-out and paid for) for their event. Connie Butera understands her role will be that of an advisor and day of coordinator/officiant only. The clients will make all the selections of suppliers/service providers and do all major planning for their event. This contract represents the services & expectations, as outlined and paid for online.
Day of Event Coordination Service Fees: Standard Service Rate is $50/hr for a minimum of 10 hours consecutive services (Min. $500). This minimum hour requirement can be split up amongst day of coordination services as well as pre / post event services / event administration work, meetings etc. PLUS travel expenses as indicated in this agreement.
Wedding Officiating Services: Standard Service Rate is $300 for a 20-30 minute legal custom ceremony in the GTA, as designed by the The Clients & The Officiant; using the pre-approved templates and materials discussed between the parties in advance. Elopements of 15-20 minutes are $200. Connie Butera is a licensed & insured ordained pastoral chaplain via the Catholic Community Church of Canada; legally able to marry clients in Canada. The Clients are responsible for obtaining their Marriage License in advance of the wedding and providing it onsite the day of their wedding. Clients are to ensure that they are legally able to marry in the country in advance of booking and ensuring that they can obtain their license.
Overtime: "Time And A Half" will apply for all hours worked past 1:00am i.e. $75/hr
Discounts above and beyond these rates as as per the checkout.
Travel Fees: Travel fee does not apply the day of the event (to and from 1 Venue Location) within 1 hour drive of L3Z0S5 and when 10 consecutive hours of service is being paid for at a time. Travel fees apply only when day of wedding errands, rehearsals, far away ceremony venues, vendor meetings, etc. outside the agreement apply and are subject to this additional charge. Travel fees do not apply to Wedding Officiating Services within the GTA, unless otherwise discussed. Travel fees will be billed via Google Maps total Kms Calculations, ROUND TRIP + travel time @ $50/hr when it does apply. You can calculate your travel fees easily online in advance.
When booking Day of Event Coordination & Officiating services, client have FREE ACCESS to Connie for ongoing quick questions, advice and feedback via phone, text, email, social media etc. Close client meetings within 10km of L0G 1M0 Bradford, ON are free of charge, but subject to the hourly rate. Consultations & advice in excess of 10 mins time will be marked as billable time.
Hourly service rates for Day of Event Coordination are applicable to:
- any event related meetings required i.e. to review day of event schedule, meetings at venues or with vendors, etc.
- any major email or phone correspondence or document review / prep, exceeding 10 minutes in length at any given time
- running any wedding related errands such as picking up or delivering attire, supplies or equipment, documents, etc. Travel fees also apply to this service.
Overnight Accommodations: When an event takes place more than 1.5 hour drive from L3Z0S5 and service will be required past 12:00 midnight, standard private overnight accommodation in a local facility will be requested to be provided by the client to the Event Planner.
Service Rates for Day of Event Coordination Includes:
- on-site day of event coordination services by experienced & professional event planner, per the client provided day of event schedule
- free access to "quick" email and phone questions and suggestions as needed
- referrals to preferred contact lists of vendors & preferred pricing where available
- post event summary email or phone consult of event outcomes and observations
- access to day of event schedule templates and samples
- consultation with Connie on Day of Event schedule
- review of client-provided wedding documents by Connie, prior to the event day, for the purpose of Connie's responsibilities as a Day of Coordinator
- 50% deposit is due on min contract fee at time of signing (Use code "DEPOSIT" when paying online using booking system)
- Payment for any pre wedding services rendered shall be invoiced at the discretion of The Event Coordinator and paid for by the client prior to the Wedding Date
- Final payment on any remaining balances due at the end of event service completion on the evening of the event
*final payment via cash or EMT*
Gratuities are not expected but are appreciated for exceptional service at the discretion of The Client.
Client Responsibly: *For Day Of Event Coordination Clients*
- to provide a meal and seat for the Event Planner the day of the event (at the vendor table or in a separate area is totally fine!)
- provide a complete & detailed "day of event schedule" with hour by hour instructions and major events to happen the day of event (template samples will be provided to client)
- provide a contact list of all major vendors for wedding and an emergency contact.
- provide a bridal party list (in order of procession), with names, relationship & face photo for major bridal party, family members, friends, etc. who play key roles the day of the event i.e. anyone in the bridal party, doing speeches, involved in dances etc.
- to provide copies of vendor service agreements to The Wedding Coordinator, for the purpose of ensuring deliverables are the met the day of the event e.g. DJ agreement, Catering Agreements, etc.
- to provide an Event Manager to do list with clear instruction for the day of the event.
- to ensure that all items for set up by the Event Manager are clearly labelled and onsite in bins the day of the event.
- ensure that all vendors & individuals involved in the various roles of the day are pre-informed of their roles, responsibilities and details concerning their participation, as per the day of event schedule
- to advise The Wedding Coordination of any important details & instructions (verbally & in writing) concerning anything that needs to be carried out the day of the event
- to provide a "go to" person / contact the day of the event for any questions or concerns that might come up, outside the day of event schedule guidelines. (Suggest a close family members, relative, friend or even the Bride / Groom. Note that this person will only be called upon for important decision making and questions only should they arise).
- notify me in writing of any changes to the plans in a timely manner
- To pay for services rendered, as per this agreement
Wedding Coordinator Responsibility**:
- to keep a time log of all billable time & billable travel time for The Client. The Client may request a copy of this log at any time & may request an estimate of time required for any given task, in advance of the time being expended for budgeting purposes. A copy of this log and final invoice shall be provided to The Client.
- to carry out the day of event schedule & client requests in a professional manner and as client requested and per client provided instruction
- to arrive on time and remain present on-site for the duration of the event, as pre-arranged with The Client
- The wedding coordinator will use her judgement when taking action in regard to changes, weather, tardiness, non performance, unsafe behaviour etc., based on the situation, time limitations and/or your wishes. The Wedding Coordinator shall deal with any event related questions, decisions or recommendations during the event, per The Client provided requests & outlined guidelines (i.e. dinner service times, speeches, dances, etc.)
**In signing this agreement, we "The Clients" understand that we are hiring a Day Of Event Coordinator Only and that it is the clients responsibility to do the major planning of their event. They shall provide The Wedding Coordinator with the above mentioned written documents and provide clear verbal & written instruction as to our wishes for the day. In addition, the clients shall ensure that all of their vendors & participating individuals in the major events of the day are well informed of the plans in advance of the day, so that they are aware of their roles & responsibilities the day of the event and that The Event Coordinator is merely ensuring that evening is happening as scheduled & planned.
The clients shall also understand that the Day Of Event Schedule & Instructions are a firm guideline for the day. As with any event though, they understand that things may not go 100% as planned and that things may need to be adjusted slightly the day of the event, due to timing, presence or lack of presence of people, readiness of resources, etc. In the unlikely event that this should occur, The Event Coordinator shall use her professional judgement as required to provide direction & instruction to the parties involved. The "go to person" shall be informed of any major changes to the written plan and & seek approval as needed. In any decision making, The Event Planner will be mindful of The Clients wishes & requests for the day and use professional judgement.
Wedding Officiating Client Responsibilities
- to obtain and pay for the marriage license, in advance of the wedding date
- to ensure, in advance, that they are legally able to marry in the country i.e. no issues with past Divorce out of country or lack of Divorce certificate, immigration issues etc.
- to provide the wedding license the day of the wedding to the officiant
- to provide 2 witnesses for their marriage
- to complete the wedding ceremony template document at least 2 weeks in advance of the wedding date, with the assistance of the Officiant and select all appropriate readings, music etc. as outlined
- to ensure proper audio is onsite (if required) for the officiant and tech support. Otherwise the Officiant will use her best projection voice to deliver the ceremony
- to ensure that there is back up ceremony location in cause of unmanageable outdoor weather
- to provide a primary point of contact
- to follow up with the ministry directly, approx. 3-6 months after the wedding on the status of their final marriage certificate
**Note that The Officiant is NOT RESPONSIBLE for delays in receiving the final marriage certificate from the ministry, due to back-logs in administration on the ministry end. Once the ceremony is conducted by the officiant and paperwork filed, the Officiants Responsibility in the matter is complete. A legal Register of the Marriage will be kept in the officiants wedding register indefinitely.
Wedding Officiant Responsibilities
- to be present, at least 30 mins in advance the day of the wedding
- to ensure that all wedding party members are instructed as to their places and responsibility in the ceremony
- to conduct the legal, onsite, wedding ceremony for the clients; in accordance with the laws governing my license and the agreed upon ceremony outline created with the client via the templates provided
- to file all completed ceremony paperwork and license with the local ministry
- to provide the clients with the tear off copy of their wedding license, immediately after the ceremony
- to maintain a copy of the marriage in her marriage register book
Event Cancellation & Changes Policies
In the unlikely event the wedding couple is forced to change the date of the wedding or cancel the wedding, every effort will be made by Connie Butera to transfer location reservations, sub-contractors and support the new date. The wedding couple agrees that in the event of a date change any expenses including but not limited to deposits and fees that are non-refundable and non-transferable are the sole responsibility of The Client. The minimum contract fee will still apply. The wedding couple further understands that last minute changes can impact the quality of the event and that The Wedding Coordinator is not responsible for these compromises in quality.
If the bridal couple changes the date/location of the wedding and the wedding planner is unavailable to provide services, then the wedding planner is released from all contract obligations and shall in no way be held responsible or liable for non-performance. The couple also forfeits all costs for non-compliance with this agreement.
Should Perfectly Planned Parties by Connie Butera be unable to perform any specific tasks in the planning of the wedding, due to unforeseen severe illness or hospitalization, unearned fees will be refunded and we will do our best to find a substitute. Connie does maintain a back up list of professionals to service her contracts in the unlikely event of illness. This has NEVER been needed to date :)
Perfectly Planned Parties by Connie Butera is not responsible for any "Act of God" events preventing the wedding to happen, such as fire, flood, earthquake or any other natural or human acts.
Third Party Vendors
Perfectly Planned Parties by Connie Butera maintains a preferred vendor list of professionals in the industry. Many I have worked directly with on numerous occasions with only positive experiences. With that said, I cannot be held responsible for any supplier/service provider’s performance or product. Contracts and service level agreements between my Preferred Vendors & The Client are solely between those two parties and does not involve Perfectly Planned Parties by Connie Butera other than a professional recommendation. I do not accept commissions from any of my preferred suppliers.
Portfolio Photo Release
The bridal couple gives permission and shall allow Perfectly Planned Parties by Connie Butera to use any photograph of them, the wedding ceremony/reception setting for viewing on our website for promotional & portfolio purposes only. The photographer’s name/website will be promoted underneath the photos (if applicable). The Bride & Grooms First Names will be used only with no other identifying information. Perfectly Planned Parties by Connie Butera gives permission and shall allow the couple to use any photographs/videos in which the wedding planner appears in return.
Please sign one copy of this letter and return it to me along with your deposit payment ONLINE.
I wish you all the happiness in the world and look forward to working with you to make your wedding the most enjoyable and memorable day of your life.
"The Event Coordinator"
Payment receipts are provided automatically when paying online via Pay pal / credit. A final statement of account and invoice can be provided upon request.